Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sunshine

Today felt like summer might actually come.  We've had such a cold wet month that summer seemed like a dream that would never come true.  But today was glorious.  Warm enough to open up windows, hang clothes on the line, and work in the dirt.
copyright Need More Bookshelves


Unfortunately, I didn't think about sunblock.  Tonight my nose is red, my arms where I pushed up my shirt-sleeves are red, and I haven't checked but the back of my neck hurts too...sometimes I wish that my genetic make-up had included more melanin in my skin.  Freckles are fine and cute on kids but oh how I wish I didn't burn so easily!


I haven't had time for much reading lately but there is a chance I might get some in tonight if sleep is chased away by sunburn pain.  Not the best way to find time!!


Happy Spring!

No comments: