Saturday, November 6, 2010

Lovely Fall Day!

Each nice day in November is a gift from the Lord.  Since today the weather is promising to cooperate I am planning to be outside in it.

Clothes are going to go on the line to be sun-dried and cool air fresh.  Sheets flapping in the wind...and I might even hang out the quilts since the bugs should all be dead by now.

Last night I went crunching through the leaves. It was wonderful.  There was very little wind and the grove was silent and still, taking a nap before the wind comes again. The only sounds were our feet moving through the grass as my sister and I hunted for pinecones.  

I'm not sure what kind of evergreen trees are in our grove but they produce the cutest little cones -only 2-3 inches long and many are smaller than that.  Once they dry out some I think I will make them into a garland for Christmas.

No comments: