Here is the current count-down:
- 7 bridal showers
- 5 weddings at the church (I attended one over the weekend.)
- 3 weddings in other churches
- 3 more bridal showers in August
- 2 distant relatives are married and 1 is engaged to be married.
- 1 neighbor (my brother's best friend) is getting married.
I wonder what the total amount of money spent on these 15 weddings would add up to...
How much debt did they incur?
How many starving children could have been fed?
I'm not trying to be cynical or anti-wedding. I am very much for marriage but do you ever think about how much is spent on just one day in the grand scheme of things? I'm trying to put it in perspective for my own sake. I can get caught up in the whirlwind of wedding excitement like most girls.
This is what is on my mind today.