Saturday, March 20, 2010

Detours and Standing Stones

Some friends and I were conversing about how our lives had not followed our original "plan" but had been full of detours as God changed our plans to fit His Plan.  Afterward I started thinking about some of the authors and books that helped me see and accept these detours as a good thing.  I decided to write them down as 'standing stones' - a record of God's faithfulness to future generations.  (Joshua 4:1-7, 20-24)

Here are a few of titles that I came up with:
  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • Hinds' Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard
  • When God Writes Your Love Story by Eric & Leslie Ludy
  • When God Writes Your Life Story by Eric & Leslie Ludy
  • Moulder of Dreams by Guy Rice Doud
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold by C.S. Lewis
  • Authentic Beauty by Leslie Ludy
  • A Man Called Peter by Catherine Marshall
  • A Rose In Bloom by Louisa Mae Alcott

There are others but these are a few that have challenged my faith, gave me a new point of view and/or gave me an example to follow.

What books have impacted your life?

No comments: