Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Reasons

My friends haven’t stopped giving me funny looks when I bee-line over to the children’s section at B and N.
Why would a single gal in her right mind buy kids books?!?

They roll their eyes and move to the tables of the latest self-help books and novels.

Why do I look for children’s books? Because.
  1. They are fun to read.

  2. I’m buying for future generations. If not my own, then my future nieces and nephews!

  3. My favorites might be out-of-print someday.

  4. I have disposable income now that I won’t have once I have a family.

  5. I enjoy the hunt.

I like adult books too but there is just something about finding “old friends” that is thrilling. What reasons do you give your friends/family for buying books? Any suggestions or additions to my list?

No comments: